RE: Anchor Bolt Value with partial bolt length into nut

A short while ago, I stumbled onto your "new product concept" here:

http://www.canam-steeljoist.ws/www/v4/ePublica.nsf/va_lookup_post_pub_se
g/0456F138482532AF85257116006D3AA3/$File/eElocone.pdf

I haven't used them yet, but I've been waiting for the right opportunity
to try them out.  We had the all-too-frequent short anchor rod problem
recently and suggested using these, but the contractor had used standard
sized holes on the base plates, rather than oversize holes, so the nuts
didn't have room to fit through the holes.  If the holes had been
larger, it would've been a slam-dunk.

Has anybody used these?  When I saw them, I had one of those, "Why
didn't I think of that?" moments.  Seems like a simple fix -- as long as
the holes are big enough, and the holes line up with the bolts, and the
threads on the anchor rod are long enough, and the anchor rods aren't
completely sheared off by a backhoe, and...

-- Joel Adair
   SHW Group
   Plano, TX