Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Zero-stress Column[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Sseaint Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Zero-stress Column
- From: "gregory szuladzinski" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 08:04:01 +1100
A plot of the axial load vs frequency squared
is a straight line. When you have one point above the horizontal axis (compression)
and one below the axis (tension), you can draw a straight line and get the frequency
corresponding to an unloaded column.
I am not sure I fully understand your question. By saying the column is framed
you imply it can't be directly seen. Yet there must be some way to measure its
frequency if you wish to go that way.
Gregory from Oz
- Prev by Subject: Re: Zero stress column
- Previous by thread: Announcing SF Wood Solutions Fair March 16
- Next by thread: preweakening/notched steel for demolition