Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Slab Thickness NDT[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Slab Thickness NDT
- From: <SEAInt05(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com>
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:21:18 -0600
I’m looking for a way to measure a slab-on-ground thickness without taking cores. Is there a NDT method that I can specify that is accurate. I asked about GPR (ground penetrating radar) but I was told it is only accurate to an inch.
I have a slab-on-ground that was supposed to be 6” thick. Cores taken show it to range from 4” to 7”. The owner would like to find out what thickness was actually given to them. I thought about using GPR and making a contour type map of the slab for thickness. Finding within an inch accuracy is too big of an error. The slab is poured on a vapor barrier so it has a fairly smooth bottom.
Any non-destructive methods to be recommended that have a better accuracy than one inch?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Slab Stripped before time ...
- Next by Subject: Re: Slab Thickness NDT
- Previous by thread: Re: Test
- Next by thread: Re: Slab Thickness NDT