Re: floods, hurricanes and earthquakes, nuclear power

Additional information.

Bruce Power (Ontario) CEO in the Canadian media:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BrucePower4you
I have found his commentary to be fair and intelligent without being overly
technical.

He made one comment about loss of communications due to the failure of civil
infrastructure. As a result, it has created difficulties in communicating
the situation adequately to a lot of people in the afflicted area. Based on
a communication that I have had with a Japanese resident, this has been
misunderstood by many in the area as the government attempt to hide and
obfuscate. It is easy for us, at this distance, with access to seemingly
easy information, to come to the same conclusion without understanding the
extraordinary measures that are occurring to deal with a triple disaster.

This Bruce Power site has links to other current resources:
http://www.BrucePower.com/pagecontent.aspx?navuid=12

I am no longer employed in the nuclear industry and do not have any
commercial connections to Bruce Power. On a clear day, with beer in hand, I
would be happy to discuss the unique CANDU reactor technology but that can
wait.

Paul
--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.