RE: EOR & pre-engineered trusses

I typically list on the roof framing plan the snow load so there is no question. I also require in my structural notes that I need to review the truss plan from the supplier with this note: SUBMIT 3 COPIES OF SHOP DRAWINGS AND STRUCTURAL CALCULATIONS TO MARK BENJAMIN P.E., FOR REVIEW 7 DAYS PRIOR TO FABRICATION (APPROVAL PRIOR TO FABRICATION IS NOT REQUIRED). I have only gotten 3 truss plans in 6 years. The upshot to this is that if I assumed a particular girder truss location (I place those on my framing plan) and it is different and creates a problem, then I am in the clear if I am not provided the truss plans. My structural notes list the truss requirements. I have never had a building department require my stamp or construction observation for engineered trusses.

Thank You, Mark Benjamin

Crown Jade Design and Engineering, Inc.

 (970) 472 2394  www.crownjade.com

Engineered For the Way You Build...

                       ...Designed For the Way You Live

Licensed in AZ, CO, CT, ID, KY, MN, NM, PA, WY... and your state!

P Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary! Think about the environment.

Confidentiality Statement: This message is solely for the use of the intended recipient. This message is confidential, and may contain legally-privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, reliance upon or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please destroy it and notify me immediately. Thank you.