Re: EOR & pre-engineered trusses

Aaron,
Somebody designed the building and spec'd a manufacturer-designed structural
product.
Somebody probably reviewed the manufacturer's documents and drawings for
conformance to design and interfaces.
Somebody has to be sure that the product is installed according to the
designs and spec's.

Is the design professional also observing construction? It would seem to me
that the continuity of service implies the requirement for them to be
responsible for manufacturer-designed structural products the same way that
they are responsible for reviewing concrete test reports, mill certs,
welding certificates, soil condition, member installation, bolt torque, etc.

If "officials" are requiring this, the party responsible for performance to
permit (e.g. owner) should ensure that it is in somebody's scope of work.
What does your contract say? Take it for an added fee if it is not there.

Paul

--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.
ad026(--nospam--at)RPRansom.ca