Need a book?
Engineering books recommendations...
Return to index:
Re: More Concrete
- To: "<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: More Concrete
- From: Farzin S Rahbar <fsrahbar(--nospam--at)aol.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 20:57:01 -0700
Will keep you posted.
That is good news. Keep us posted on how it works out. At 10 weeks you should have about 1/2 of the shrinkage that will happen in the concrete. The rate of shrinkage slows way down until you get about 95% of the shrinkage in 5 years.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Subject: Re: More Concrete
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 19:26:04 -0400
I thought you will be interested in this.
It has been about 10 weeks since they poured the first batch of the concrete. It was around 750 yards. The slab was average 12" thick with grade beams and pile caps.
I am "Knocking on Wood" as I am writing this e-mail. There is not a single crack in the entire surface of the concrete. I think, we will get some, but, not yet!
Farzin S. Rahbar, SE
David C. Weiss Structural Engineer & Associates, Inc.
(818) 227-8040 Ex. 13 Fax: (818) 227-8041