Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Stiffness reduction according to 10.4.4 aci318-08[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Stiffness reduction according to 10.4.4 aci318-08
- From: ASCE7Seismic(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 22:54:13 -0400 (EDT)
See section 8.8.2. And, I would read the commentary for this section thoroughly. If the wall is tall and slender it would probably not make a big difference. But for stalk walls shear stiffness reduction should definitely should be considered.
In a message dated 3/30/2011 12:07:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, masroor(--nospam--at)cstengrs.com writes:
You are right. No need to apply the 0.35 for shear
- Prev by Subject: RE: Stiffness reduction according to 10.4.4 aci318-08
- Next by Subject: Structural Analysis Software for New One-Man Firm
- Previous by thread: RE: Stiffness reduction according to 10.4.4 aci318-08
- Next by thread: [no subject]