RE: Update and News from Vish

Vish

That's April 1, right..

Masroor

Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 23:34:56 -0700
From: gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
Subject: Update and News from Vish
To: steel-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com; misciron-detail(--nospam--at)yahoogroups.com; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

List,

Here is a quick update for the impatient who won't read my long posts.

Mail me privately and I will fill you in the details in a longer post.

I set up my detailing company in 2004 with the aim of working on US detailing assignments only.

The going was fairly good till 2008.

The slump started sometime in mid 2008 and I have been having a rough time ever since.

To cut a long story short:

I have had enough of self employment and the aches and pains that are a part of it.

I have merged my team (including myself) with a large multinational set up.

They make steel, fabricate steel, erect steel, sell steel both for their in house projects and for other national and international clients. Steel is just one of their interests. They are into Power, Oil, Shipping, Energy and BPO services also.

They are one of India's major Industrial houses.

With effect from April 1, all of us are employees of this large organization.

I have enjoyed my stint as an entrepreneur, detailing for USA while the going was good.

For the past one year, I have been working only for this company which awarded me over 12000 tons for detailing during the past 12 months.

They have lined up 70000 tons more for me in the coming months and they will be ramping up my hardware and software and supplementing my team strength with a massive pumping in of necessary funds and resources to gear up for the ambitious plans they have for us.

While my team members have been confirmed as permanent employees, I have been taken on as an adviser for an initial period of one year. Suits me fine. At 62, I am not too keen on taking on too large a burden or a commitment  for too long. The formalities have taken the better part of the past few weeks and today I am a much relieved man. My new career has started on April 1.

I will continue to stay in touch with the list but my association with US detailing is perhaps now over for good. (But, who knows what the future has in store?)

Regards

Vish

PS:

For those with a benign and friendly interest in my son's career and who sometimes write inquiring about this Rhodes Scholar, he is about to finish his M Phil at Oxford University.

He is aiming to get a Doctorate in his chosen subject (Philosophy) at Oxford and his admission has just been confirmed. He has also been granted the Clarendon Scholarship that will fund him during his research. God is great. When one has a son like this, what else should one aspire for?

Regards again

Vish