RE: SIPS

We have used them, I don’t believe the ICC reports address seismic D however.  NTA has published some testing for at least for one manufacturer that has additional detailing requirements for D, E, and F.  We have incorporated those and used SIPs for shearwalls, but not in the city of LA however.

Truitt

From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:23 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: SIPS

I researched this a while back and there are 3 of which I am aware that have an ICC ESR's.  You have to search on SIP and on insulating panel to find them all on the ICC site.  I have not used them in So. California, but they should work well.  I have a little more concern with moist climates.

Regards, Harold Sprague