Seismic analysis 101

Dear listers.

I have to admit that we don't have any outstanding seismic experience here.
We are on an old tectonic platform and the darn thing won't yield any decent shake. Now there are some mountains too but they are basically medieval backwoods only fit to scare foreigners with toponyms and spend holidays in.
For the last six months, I've been dealing more extensively with seismic/dynamic and fell instantly in love with it.

I deem there are at least two really advanced schools of thought for seismic in the world, USA and Japan.
Could you please throw some "in a nutshell" links at me, or references to your favorite textbooks back at school? I'm having many voids to fill and I have to do it with the best material possible.

I'd also be incredibly thankful if anyone could share their work with me in this field for our mutual gain. If there is something I could help you with on a pro bono basis, please contact me directly.

TIA and regards,
Alex.

--
Alexander Bausk
MSc Structural engineering, Ph.C. Engineering