RE: Architectural Considerations for Earthquakes

This is of particular interest in light of the recent earthquake in NZ.  The stair detail may need to be revisited.  There were many stairs in Christchurch that collapsed.  They also had a very high vertical ground acceleration.

Regards, Harold Sprague