From: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Architectural Considerations for Earthquakes
Date: 04/19/11 21:24

> This is of particular interest in light of the recent earthquake in
NZ.&nbsp; The stair detail may need to be revisited.&nbsp; There were many
stairs in Christchurch that collapsed.&nbsp; They also had a very high
vertical ground acceleration.&nbsp; Regards, Harold Sprague&nbsp;
> &gt; Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 01:16:38 +0200&gt; To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org;
sytmeng(--nospam--at)surfbvi.com; rickydawson(--nospam--at)dawsonwells.com&gt; From:
fugeeo(--nospam--at)edoors.com&gt; Subject: Architectural Considerations for
Earthquakes&gt; &gt; &gt; http://www.nzsee.org.nz/PUBS/ADE2007.pdf&gt; &gt;
Good Source and Topic for Inter-Communication with Architects.&gt; &gt;
******* ***&gt; * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp&gt; *
&gt; * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers &gt; *
Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To &gt; * subscribe (no
fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:&gt; *&gt; *
http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp&gt; *&gt; * Questions to
seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you &gt; * send to the list is
public domain and may be re-posted &gt; * without your permission. Make sure
you visit our web &gt; * site at: http://www.seaint.org &gt; ******* ******