RE: SS screw capacity

It depends on the SS alloy.  The strengths of the various alloys vary a lot.  The more common alloys for fasteners are 18-8, 410, or 316.  Once you know the alloy, you can look up the properties in the appropriate ASTM.  There are also several types of screws.  Assuming just sheet metal screws, there are the self tapping or self drilling / self tapping (which is what I would suggest).

Then you can reference the NASA 1228 for the shear capacity.
http://gltrs.grc.nasa.gov/reports/1990/RP-1228.pdf

Regards, Harold Sprague