Re: SS screw capacity

Harold,

Thanks for the response.  I ended up just using a capacity value for an aluminum screw since the Aluminum Design Manual had such values (I used the weaker of the two values that they included...2024-T4 aluminum screw).  Since using the values for an aluminum screw should be conservative for a SS screw, I should be OK.  Plus, it gives them the flexibility of using an aluminum screw if they so desire.  And, not to mention, I did not know what grade of SS screw they might end up using.

Thanks,

Scott