Re: :נושא SS screw capacity

I don't know for sure if it is actually block shear, but the Aluminum design specification/code has four "failure modes" that you check and you take the smallest of the four as the "capacity" of the screw.  Three of those four modes are based upon the material properties of the aluminum members being connected, while the forth is based on the actual shear capacity of the screw itself.  Thus, three of those modes are either some form of block shear failure or some "crushing" of the aluminum material due to bearing from the dowel (i.e. screw).  Two of the three definitely seem to have a "block shear" type feel to the equations.  I haven't quite figured out where the third one might be coming from as the equation is a bit more "wonky".

Regards,

Scott