From: ENGRLAINES(--nospam--at)aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:37:57 -0400
Subject: Concrete Repair
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Question for the concrete repair experts:

  An 80-year old concrete building with cantilevered concrete balconies. Tops of the slabs have sound waterproofing coating but water has penetration the sides of the slab and caused rusting of the edge rebar which in turn caused spalling of concrete.

  I want to chip away the unsound concrete, wire brush the exposed rebar, then coat the rebar and newly exposed concrete with a sealer, then apply a mortar with some type of additive (epoxy, polyester, or a polymer like latex). Then a concrete sealer.

  Any suggestions on the repair methodology or product recommendations?

TIA

Charles Laines, S. E.
claines(--nospam--at)aol.com
Long Beach, CA