From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 12:51 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Concrete Repair

Charles,

I would first focus on the concrete assessment.  Have you performed any testing on the parent concrete such as chloride ingress testing, ASR testing, or petrographic analysis?  Is this in the Long Beach area?  How far from the ocean?

I have seen repairs where the repair initiated galvanic action and significantly accelerated the rate of corrosion.

Regards, Harold Sprague