RE: Slab Stripped before time ...

        Thor,
                There is a rule of thumb among structural precasters that reinforcing bar bond is compromised if a panel is stripped at a concrete strength below 2.500 psi. I have been told that there is research that supports this, but have never seen it (I have looked and asked). Architectural precasters, whose panels have to withstand the gravity load of their own weight and wind loads still strip with concrete strength of 1,800 psi, so I have never known what to think. In the case you describe, though, for the concrete to deform the strength must have been very low – barely past initial set?
        All I know,
        Jim Getaz
        Precast Concrete Engineer