Processing of accelerograms

Dear Listers,

I have two closely related questions on the software that is used in processing of strong motion data.

1. What are software tools out there for generation and processing of accelerograms and response spectra? I am using an Italian spinoff of SIMQKE1 as for now. Do you use SIMQKE and for which tasks?

2. Do you use any general data processing software for math tasks like interpolation of data? By this I mean say a 8000 point record of time-acceleration pairs that I want to reduce to 2000 points. This can be done by MathCAD or Excel of course but I am looking for a more convenient solution.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Alex.

--
Alexander Bausk
MSc Structural engineering, Ph.C. Engineering