RE: Any Of You Folks Need A Writer?

I'll help:

Seismic Design
1. Preliminary Design
1.1. Choose any rational base shear coefficient between 0.1 and 0.4g.
1.2. Choose any rational vertical distribution including but not limited to
rectangular and inverted triangular.
1.3. Choose any rational horizontal distribution including but not limited
to rigid diaphragm analysis and flexible diaphragm analysis.
1.4. Design structural elements accordingly ensuring stability at maximum
2. Final Design
2.1. Provide (i.e., design and detail) a continuous load path from roof to
foundation verifying all connections.
2.2. Go to the jobsite and verify all the design elements are installed as
they were designed.

End of section.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #S2607)

ALLEN DESIGNS
 Consulting Structural Engineers
        32302 Camino Capistrano, #206
         San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675