Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Stainless Steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Stainless Steel
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 04:34:31 +0000
As you pointed out this is for cold-formed stainless. There are many more shapes available with laser fused sections. But there is little guidance outside of European codes. The AISC was supposed to develop something, but I don't know where it stands.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Subject: Re: Stainless Steel
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 22:17:44 -0400
The IBC references ASCE 8 (most current version is 8-02, I believe) in section 2209.1 (at least it is that section for the 2009 IBC) for the design of cold-formed stainless steel members.
On May 21, 2011, at 2:29 PM, Harold Sprague wrote:
- Prev by Subject: Re: Stainless Steel
- Next by Subject: Stainless Steel Specifications
- Previous by thread: Re: Stainless Steel
- Next by thread: joe- fire damaged plywood