Re: Processing of accelerograms

Harold, thanks for the response.

I have seen some proprietary packages featuring tools capable of generating spectrum-compatible accelerograms.
For now, I shall stick to the SIMQKE in generating the motion record, and will look into SeismoSignal that seems to make a good work processing records.

On 18 May 2011 20:04, Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
I would suggest that you start your search at PEER http://peer.berkeley.edu/.

Go to "publications", and then to "all reports".  Search for any topic that you want.  We use some propritary software.  But I think there are some public tools out there also.  PEER might be a good starting point.

Regards, Harold Sprague

From: bauskas(--nospam--at)gmail.com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 10:18:44 +0300
Subject: Re: Processing of accelerograms
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

For those who might be interested in the topic, here's a link to a microfilmed whitepaper on strong motion digital processing from 1992:

On 13 May 2011 16:41, Alexander Bausk <bauskas(--nospam--at)gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Listers,

I have two closely related questions on the software that is used in processing of strong motion data.

1. What are software tools out there for generation and processing of accelerograms and response spectra? I am using an Italian spinoff of SIMQKE1 as for now. Do you use SIMQKE and for which tasks?

2. Do you use any general data processing software for math tasks like interpolation of data? By this I mean say a 8000 point record of time-acceleration pairs that I want to reduce to 2000 points. This can be done by MathCAD or Excel of course but I am looking for a more convenient solution.

Many thanks in advance and best regards,
Alex.

--
Alexander Bausk
MSc Structural engineering, Ph.C. Engineering