RE: A SMALL BRIDGE PROBLEM

Gregory,

You can use regular concrete for injection, you do not need a special “swelling liquid.” Be careful during injection – it is relatively easy to over inject and raise the structure higher than desired.

Paul M. Kavsak, P.E.

From: gregory szuladzinski [mailto:ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au]
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:10 AM
To: Sseaint Org
Subject: A SMALL BRIDGE PROBLEM

In a property in Oregon ther is 18' bridge, fairly wide, for vehicular traffic as well.

Due to action of a stream it spans, one end of it has sunk visibly.

I am aware of only two ways of fixing it:

1. Lift the end and push something (?) underneath.

2. Inject into the ground one of those swelling liquids,

which I was once told, have this capacity.

Do those two methods work?

Is there a better way?

Sincerely

Gregory from Oz