Electronic Shop Drawing Review

We receive most of our shop drawings now electronically in pdf format.  We currently use Autodesk Design Review to mark these up.  We are considering purchasing Adobe Acrobat to mark up these submittals.  But electronic mark ups are still more cumbersome than hard copies.

1. How are firms reviewing these drawings electronically?
2. What programs are being used to mark up drawings?
3. How are you dealing with review when looking at multiple sheets to coordinate between them is required?  Using a larger monitor?  Using multiple monitors?  Printing hard copies?
4. Is anyone charging the contractor or client for printing or other costs?

Thanks,

Jan I. Blok, S.E.
The Structural Group, Ltd. | www.thestructuralgroup.com

707 Lake Cook Road, Suite 107
Deerfield, IL  60015
P:  847.562.1977 x 103 | F:  847.562.1978