RE: Electronic Shop Drawing Review

Jan,

1. How are firms reviewing these drawings electronically?
We have used electronic submittals for well over 10 years.  With the advent of SDS and Tekla, the steel shop drawing process is easier.  There are rebar shop drawing packages that make it easier also.  You can review in 3D.

2. What programs are being used to mark up drawings?
It depends on the project.  I have used Adobe to mark up drawings, and we have proprietary software.

3. How are you dealing with review when looking at multiple sheets to coordinate between them is required?
Using a larger monitor? Yes
Using multiple monitors?  Yes
Printing hard copies? On occasion

4. Is anyone charging the contractor or client for printing or other costs?
We always have a cost built in for review.

Regards, Harold Sprague