Re: Electronic Shop Drawing Review

Jan,
Our office uses Bluebeam PDF Revu.  It is (much) less in cost than Acrobat, and much easier to work with.  It's relatively easy to mark up.  Add your own or create your own "review" stamp, drag and drop onto the drawing, then "flatten" the markups.  Once you protect the sheet/file, the mark-ups cannot be edited after the fact.
As for printing in-house, we're passing the costs along to the client or contractor with our fees for printing or scanning.  We keep up-to-date with the local price-gouging repro services...