Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Small Bridge Problem[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Sseaint Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Small Bridge Problem
- From: "gregory szuladzinski" <ggg(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 20:25:00 +1000
Thank you for this revelation.
I did not know that concrete swells so much when surrounded
by soil. Is it because of lack of air?
From: "Kavsak, Paul M." <KavsakPM(--nospam--at)westinghouse.com>
To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: A SMALL BRIDGE PROBLEM
You can use regular concrete for injection, you do not need a special "swel=
ling liquid." Be careful during injection - it is relatively easy to over i=
nject and raise the structure higher than desired.
Paul M. Kavsak, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Small Bridge Problem
- Next by Subject: Software for Section Properties eg Area, Section Modulus, Moment of Inertia
- Previous by thread: Small Bridge Problem
- Next by thread: Plywood Gusset