Re: Cold Formed Sections

If you can get a hold of the AISI cold formed steel design manual, it will list the standard designations for most manufacturers as well as the SSMA designations.

For the sections you've noted, the first nomenclature would be something like...
12      CS        3.75        x     060
depth  profile    flange width   thickness (mils)

Good luck.