Re: Software for Section Properties eg Area, Section Modulus, Moment of Inertia

I have one handy. Let me know if you like to try it out!

I developed many AASHTO LFD bridge design programs (BOX, CS, CSVI, FS, PCIB, PIER, SECT). I have converted three of them (CS, FS, PIER) from LFD to LRFD. These programs are free. The SECT program will analyze a steel section (rolled beam or plate girder) with or without a composite slab.

BOX       Prestressed Concrete Box Beam Design

CS           Continuous Span Analysis, Constant I

CSVI       Continuous Span Analysis, Variable I

FS           Bolted Field Splice Design

PCIB       PCI-Beam Analysis and Design

PIER       Pier Analysis

SECT      Section Properties