Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Calif. OSHPD Requirements[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Calif. OSHPD Requirements
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:50:33 -0600
For those knowledgeable with Calif. OSHPD requirements:
I am working on the replacement of exisitng roof mounted A/C units at an older hospital that is SPC 1 rated with a performance level of NPC 3R, therefore I can design to the '95 CBC with an Ip = 1.0 using the equation 30A-1 of Fp, (ASD) = Z*Ip*cp*W. My question is: can I use a Cp value of 0.75 per table 16-O or must I magnify it by 2x per sec. 1630A.2 for a "support item is closely restained so that resonance is not possible. The A/C units are package units NOT supported on vibration isolators. Back then, ('94 UBC), for commercial work, I would just use a Cp of 0.75, but this being a hospital job, maybe I should be increasing the factor by the 2x. So, is it a Cp of 0.75 or 1.5 for roof mounted rigid package mechanical equipment used in older hospitals??
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Cables
- Next by Subject: re: cantilever balcony
- Previous by thread: [no subject]
- Next by thread: Structural Engineer Salary