From: Alexander Bausk <bauskas(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
Subject: Career ethic OT
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Sunday, July 3, 2011, 5:36 PM

Dear listers,

This week I will be having a meeting with a prospect employer.
I am not that much of a job switcher so I really need your advice regarding ehm... work and negotiations ethic.
The main problem is, I have discussed an expected per hour salary with the agency recruiter 3 months back. I have not seen the proper job description though and now I think that I might have underestimated the figure.
My questions are:
- is it OK to revise your wage expectations after the interview? The employer flies me in on site at their expense. If yes, what is better to give as a reason?
- if a job is (sort of) contract-based (that is, there is a specific project, albeit long-term), does the contract usually oblige you to stick with the project for the whole estimated term? Should I discuss this with the recruiter in advance?

The employer is based in Europe so what I would ask is a general western-attitude advice.
TIA,
Alex.
--
Alexander Bausk
MSc Structural engineering, Ph.C. Engineering