Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Railing loads for pedestrianbridge[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Railing loads for pedestrianbridge
- From: "Shiraz Shahid" <sshahid(--nospam--at)engineering-solutions.biz>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 16:14:12 +0500
Why don’t you restrict the ATV at the abutments (one post in the middle should work?) and design as per section 13.8 & 13.9 of aashto-lrfd
Can you use some estimated force of the ATV striking a glancing blow to the handrails? There are loads for vehicles hitting barriers, but the 5' width would seem to restrict the impact speed and angle.
We are working on the pedestrian bridge project in NC.
John W. Sieszycki, P.E., S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Railing loads for pedestrianbridge
- Next by Subject: RE : PROBLEMS WITH ENERCALC
- Previous by thread: Re: Railing loads for pedestrianbridge
- Next by thread: Odd anchors