Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Odd anchors[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Odd anchors
- From: "Kavsak, Paul M." <KavsakPM(--nospam--at)westinghouse.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 07:36:47 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
Actually the weld would not really be a fillet, it would be a flare bevel, similar to welding a HSS section on its side to a flat plate. Consideration would need to be given to the anticipated loading vs. the size of the flare bevel less threads.
Paul M. Kavsak, P.E.
Is it possible to slot the rod to allow for a fillet weld?
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Gordon Goodell <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com> wrote:
How would one weld a 1"dia threaded rod to a 1/4" steel strap? Not a butt weld, I need the strap to align axially (more or less) with the rod. Could the rod be laid on the strap and fillet welded?
- Prev by Subject: Re: Odd anchors
- Next by Subject: Re: Odd anchors
- Previous by thread: Re: Odd anchors
- Next by thread: Re: Odd anchors