Re: Cantilever Wall Forces-ASCE 7-05, Ch 15

Hello Steve,

For cantilever walls, I use ASCE 7-05 Table 15.4-2, Seismic Coeff. for Non-Building Structures Not Similar to Buildings.  Look at  "All other reinforced masonry structures not similar to buildings".  R=3, Omega = 2.  The values are the same for reinf.  concrete cantilever walls.

For wind load on a cantilever wall, see ASCE 7-05, Figure 6-20 Solid Free-standing Walls and Solid Signs and Sec. 6.5.14.  The gross area of the wall is important.

HTH,
Denise R. Poeltler, PE