RE: Subject: Fiberglass rebars

You are correct Conrad, they want to use fiberglass rebars FRPC.

They send me this link:

Www.fiberglassrebar.com

The website claims they installed these rebars in a concrete deck bridge.

But I never have used this kind of bars before.  Is the minimum cover per ACI for regular bars still applicable with this kind of bars? Can they reduce cover? How much? What the Code says about using this bars?

Again, in my case this is to be used in architectural concrete features like curbs, lips where regular steel rebars cannot be accomodated due to the minimum cover for exposed concrete which in my case is 4" minimum. No loads will be impossed on those members.

Thanks,

Alirio

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D with Android 2.3.