RE: Sheet Metal Screw Properties

The better manufacturers typically publish the tensile and shear strengths of the screws. Here we also have a national standard defining minium properties of the screws. If used in sheet metal or coldformed steel then we check the actual resistance using the coldformed steel structures code (AS4600) for you probably the AISI specification. This is to account for pull-out, tilt over and bearing, which generally controls rather than the strength of the screw.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
Adelaide