From: Larry Hauer [mailto:lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 1:47 PM
To: Struct. Eng. Assoc.
Subject: Perforated Plywood Shear Walls

To All,

I was under the belief that the '10 CBC, ('09 IBC), was basically the same as the '07 CBC, ('06 IBC), but I noticed in the WOOD chapter, (Chapter 23), that most of Section 2305 has dissapeared, including the requirements for perforated and force transfer around openings plywood shear walls design guides, (i.e. Section 2305.3.5 to 2305.3.11). Also, there use to be a table- Table 2305.3.4 that allowed for plywood shear walls with an H/W greater that 2:1.

Have these design guide lines gone somewhere else or are these types of plywood shear walls no longer allowed??

Thanks in Advance,

Larry Hauer, S.E.