RE: question about high rise building

It gets the matter really complicated if you want to connect the buildings at the top. For one thing, the overall lateral load resisting system is no longer covered by the codes and you are much on your own. The omega factors kick in, R is unknown and and the regularity of the building is obviously compromised. If you have not designed this type of building before, you will not find many with this experience. I have limited experience but I am sure very few buildings of such proportions are to be found in a high seismic area. My advice is to be careful. Very careful.

Best regards

Syed A Masroor
Consulting Structural Engineer
Karachi, Pakistan