RE: Pile/Fdn check check for ortho load comb in SDC D

Engineer exercises the cognitive, creating a strength that commonly leads to the metaphysical. Embarrassing, only when professional judgment crosses that line. Working the cognitive muscle, to its limit, should be exercised and acknowledged because to know the limits of thought in design we need to have been on the other side of where logic can falsely lead us. This will also help us to recognize the same possible crossing by others.

Maybe such a conversation is mixed with real concerns in your work. Mixing metaphors, paradigms from the esoteric to nuclear power plants. What do you want? Tearing a hole in our physical reality, or to justify building nuclear power plants because quantum physics is everywhere?

David B. Merrick, SE