Re: Billing Rates

I typically won't charge for the travel time except for mileage.  As I see it, you really aren't doing any engineering work on the road.
Sincerely,

Jorge DuQuesne
The Engineering Group, Inc.
Post Office Box 536
Lowell, AR 72745
479.633.7654
866.484.6298 fax
www.TEG-AR.com

On 9/27/2011 11:33 AM, Dilip Patel wrote:
I have a client who has several sites which need engineering evaluations, reports, details etc.
One site was within an hour from office & another about 4 hours travel by car one way.
Can I bill the client for travel time for a distant site as Engineering rate of $120/hr or should be it be different rate?
I would appreaciate input from a small owner/engineer firm.
Thanks.

Dilip Patel, PE