Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Billing Rates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Billing Rates
- From: "Oshin Tosounian" <oshin(--nospam--at)sdgseinc.com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:55:49 -0700
You should be compensated for your time as a consultant, whether you are driving to the job site, meeting, etc. or doing engineering.
Which would you rather do - work eight hours of billable time in the office or go to 4 job sites requiring one hour travel each(non-billable) and get paid for 4 hours?
From: Jorge Du Quesne [mailto:jduquesne(--nospam--at)teg-ar.com]
I typically won't charge for the travel time except
for mileage. As I see it, you really aren't doing any engineering work on
The Engineering Group, Inc.
Post Office Box 536
I have a client who has several sites which need engineering evaluations, reports, details etc.
One site was within an hour from office & another about 4 hours travel by car one way.
Can I bill the client for travel time for a distant site as Engineering rate of $120/hr or should be it be different rate?
I would appreaciate input from a small owner/engineer firm.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Billing Rates
- Next by Subject: RE: Billing Rates
- Previous by thread: RE: Billing Rates
- Next by thread: Re: Billing Rates