Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
cantilver conc balcony[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: cantilver conc balcony
- From: PFFEI(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:04:40 -0400 (EDT)
I have an exterior concrete balcony with a 15' cantilever and 10' backspan. I expect that no matter how thick I make slab I will get deflection and a crack over the support. would it be best to detail a pour joint over the support or cut a crack control joint to control the crack? joint could be filled with caulk / flexible joint sealer.
Also, project is located on a bluff about 1/2 mile away and 300' above the ocean (Malibu). For slab exposed as finish, is anything recommend fro rebar protection? I was thinking 4000 psi conc with w/c = 0.5 max, and 2" cover. should I include something like xypex in the mix, or increase rebar cover, or am I distant enough from ocean that salt will be a minor issue?
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Subject: re: cantilevered slab
- Next by Subject: Re: cantilver conc balcony
- Previous by thread: LIFTING LUGS
- Next by thread: Re: cantilver conc balcony