Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel Pipe Piles[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Steel Pipe Piles
- From: David Finley <david(--nospam--at)mdavidfinley.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:18:06 -0400
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
I have a bridge footing supported on 24" diameter steel pipe piles. The bridge is a grade crossing (no water) and the footing is below finish grade, so the piles will have lateral support from the soils for their full height. The piles do not experience any tension.
Is it typical practice to provide a reinforced concrete plug at the top of the pile? Or just sand fill?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Steel Design Program
- Next by Subject: Re: Steel Pipe Piles
- Previous by thread: Re: icc marketing
- Next by thread: Re: Steel Pipe Piles