Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Concrete Pedistal large[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Concrete Pedistal large
- From: "Joe Venuti" <jovenengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net>
- Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 11:33:26 -0400
I am designing an entry toward structure for a large box store…like use to be a Circuit City store. We have arch pedestals that are 6’-4” x 4’-4” x 4’-0” high. We designed this shape as a 12” thk concrete walls around the outside perimeter. I have #4’s @ 18” each face for the walls. I have braced frames sitting on top of 2 sides. Below the frame columns are 18”sq columns w/4-#8’s & #3 ties @ 8”oc.
The contractor wants to pour the whole volume as solid conc. in one pour and only use the rebar as designed for the walls around the perimeter. I have not designed any concrete above ground like this before.
Any comments or area to watch out for would be much appreciated. Admixtures for conc. Additional steel etc.
Harold I need to tap into vast knowledge and experience relating to concrete.
P.O. Box 5098
La Quinta, CA
- Prev by Subject: RE: Concrete Floor Finishing
- Next by Subject: Re: Concrete Pedistal large
- Previous by thread: Re: Bearing Wall Live Load Reduction
- Next by thread: Re: Concrete Pedistal large