Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Compact Tube Sections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Struct. Eng. Assoc." <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Compact Tube Sections
- From: Larry Hauer <lhauer(--nospam--at)live.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:46:41 -0600
I guess I could research this myself, but probably getting lazy. I specified an HSS 5"x5"x1/4" stub column sticking out of the top of a concrete column to carry a light framed canopy load. The DSA plan check engineer, (California school), says that it is "not seismically compact." Where do I find out what sections are and are not comact, (AISC 13th edition?)?
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Column with unknown axial load
- Next by Subject: Re: Compact Tube Sections
- Previous by thread: Welded Wire Reinforcement call out - RE: BLAST FROM THE PAST: You'll Find This Fascinating Reading!
- Next by thread: Re: Compact Tube Sections