Re: HIGH CLEAR HEIGHT CONCRETE WALLS

I have successfuly gone 65 ft with tilt-up, and 73 feet in single lift pours. In the latter case, used self-consolidating concrete (no way to vibrate internally that far down, and external vibrators rejected due to the sketchy conditions with the bracing shaking loose) and did a lot of set time testing to control the form pressures.........

-----Original Message-----
From: gtg740p <gtg740p(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org> <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Mon, Nov 7, 2011 6:49 am
Subject: Re: HIGH CLEAR HEIGHT CONCRETE WALLS

It's not planned for one pour.

WH

On Nov 6, 2011, at 3:52 PM, Jay Shilstone <j2008.s(--nospam--at)shilstone.com> wrote:

I hope you aren't planning on placing in a single pour. That would be
a recipe
for disaster. You will need multiple pours or slip form.

Can't respond to engineering aspects since I am not an engineer.

You might want to include a comment on the geometry of the building.
I figure
rectangular but round is easier to brace.

Jay Shilstone
Sent from my iPad