Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Free LRFD Bridge Design Software[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Free LRFD Bridge Design Software
- From: TJ Fu <tzujfu(--nospam--at)gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 09:07:04 -0500
I have developed my 4th AASHTO LRFD bridge design program (CSVI). I have also updated the other 3 programs. These programs are very handy in planning and designing your bridge projects. Let me know if you are interested.
1. CS.EXE Continuous Span Analysis, Constant I
· This program computes moments (M) and shears (V) for continuous spans (Constant I) – up to 12 spans.
· It will print out M&V influence lines, moments, shears and reactions for service and factored loads, and dead load deflections.
· The M&V influence lines are in complete agreement with AISC “Moments, Shears and Reactions for Continuous Highway Bridges” influence coefficients.
2. CSVI.EXE Continuous Span Analysis, Variable I
· This program computes moments (M) and shears (V) for continuous spans (Variable I) – using steel plate girder with or without composite slab – up to 8 spans.
· It will print out section properties; M&V influence lines, moments, shears and reactions for service and factored loads, and dead load & live load deflections.
3. FS.EXE Steel Beam Bolted Field Splice Design
· This program designs a bolted field splice, with or without a composite slab.
· It determines the number of bolts per row to use according to the flange width and the recommended bolt spacing per AASHTO LRFD specifications.
· It will print out section properties, steel stresses, required splice plates and bolts.
· It will check strengths of plates (Gross Yielding & Net Section Fracture for tension and Compressive Resistance for compression) and bolts (Shear/Bearing/Slip/Block Shear Rupture resistance)
4. PIER.EXE Pier Analysis
· This program will analyze a pier with a maximum number of nine (9) columns supporting up to thirty (30) beams on top. The bottom of the footing can be either fixed or hinged.
· It will individually analyze dead loads, live loads, wind forces, earthquake force, and shrinkage and thermal forces as Service Loads. The program, if desired, will also calculate load combinations according to AASHTO LRFD Table 3.4.1-1. The program also designs the cap reinforcement.
· The effects of the sidesway of the pier under each loading have been calculated and taken into account.
TJ Fu, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Free Continuous Span M&V Program
- Next by Subject: Re: Free LRFD Bridge Design Software
- Previous by thread: steel posts in concrete
- Next by thread: Re: Free LRFD Bridge Design Software