Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
STEEL: What would you do?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: STEEL: What would you do?
- From: "bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:20:50 -0500 (EST)
I've got to draw up a waler system for a sheet-pile vault. The client's typical practice has been to use HSS members for the walers (including struts, bracing, etc.)
The outside dimensions would be about 30 ft x 35 ft. I would rather make the "knee joints" at the four corners as mitered welded connections for strength, but that wouldn't lend itself to welding in place. OTOH, I COULD have the whole thing shop-fabbed and shipped out fully (or partly?) assembled.
I just don't have a feel for ALL the pros and cons here, or if it is even doable with a frame that big.
- Prev by Subject: steel posts in concrete
- Next by Subject: Re: STEEL: What would you do?
- Previous by thread: 2012 National Design SpecificationR and 2012 Wood Frame Construction Manual Now Available from the American Wood Council
- Next by thread: Re: STEEL: What would you do?