Reference for screwed connections in structural steel

I have details from a client who wishes to fabricate custom tee-sections from plates using screws to connect the top of the T by screwing into the butt end of the vertical plate in the section. I can't even find design references for screw connections beyond decking to structural steel. I'm sure this is an unreasonable connection, but would like to be able to cite a reference other than logic.
Thanks in advance,
Iker Danolam